Sydney goes Sepia! Red dust sunrise

This morning was quite amazing and nothing like I've ever seen! Around 6:45am, I woke up by a bright red light coming from outside. Still half asleep, I thought to myself a sunrise like this would make a nice picture. So I got up and this is what I've witnessed like hundreds of thousands of Sydney residents... It has been going for over an hour although it is slowly fading away.



Click to enlarge







This is not a color effect! It is actually caused by heavy dust brought by winds throughout the night, mixed with a morning mist and a sunrise.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald:
Sydneysiders have woken to a red haze unlike anything seen before by residents or weather experts, as the sun struggles to pierce a thick blanket of dust cloaking the city this morning.
"The reason for the dust is we had some really strong winds in the inland areas of NSW and in South Australia for a sustained period yesterday," said Bureau of Meteorology senior forecaster Jane Golding."
The reddish haze was expected to fade as the sun got higher in the sky, Ms Golding said, but it was not known what would happen to the dust.

Translate page

Rate this article

Liked my post? Share it!

Bookmark and Share

0 great comments!:

Post a Comment