The new Olympus PEN - Video





If you haven't heard of the new Olympus Pen series, then it's about time you start reading about it! SLRs give you much more freedom in terms of photography settings than normal compact cameras. The only issue is the size and weight. I know for a fact that I won't constantly carry my SLR around!

The new Olympus series are a little jewel, merging both the qualities of a regular SLR and the compact size of a normal camera. As you can see on the picture, it also gives you the freedom to switch between different lenses just as you would do with a SLR.

Now I won't be talking too much about the camera itself as I don't consider myself an expert in photography, but you can read more on the Olympus website.

What I wanted to share with you is the promotional video Olympus has come up with for this camera. The Olympus Pen series were very popular 40 to 50 years ago and the video retraces in a way the story of this historic camera.

I was very pleased with the video below as I have myself done stopmotion videos in the past and believe me, it's a lot of hard work! (a stopmotion video is actually a series of hundreds and sometimes thousands of pictures which gives a special artistic rendering.)

The description of the video is as follow, Enjoy!!
This is the PEN Story in stop motion. We shot 60.000 pictures, developed 9.600 prints and shot over 1.800 pictures again. No post production! Thanks to all the stop motion artists who inspired us. We hope you enjoy :-)



Translate page

Rate this article

Liked my post? Share it!

Bookmark and Share

0 great comments!:

Post a Comment